1 dead in West Side apartment fire in 500-block South Lavergne
February 13, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least one person has been killed in an apartment fire on Chicago's West Side.
Firefighters were called to the 2nd floor of an apartment building in the 500-block of South Lavergne. They began to put out the fire, and found a 62-year-old man dead on the floor of his apartment. Authorities say the man was bedridden, but had been checked on earlier that afternoon.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos