UIC warns of recent assaults, robberies near campus
February 13, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A pair of assaults and robberies near the UIC campus have school officials warning students to be on alert.
A student was attacked along the 1200-block of West Flournoy Wednesday evening.
Two men knocked the victim down, taking a cell phone and student id card before running off.
The attack follows a similar incident Saturday when another student was assaulted on the 600-block of West Roosevelt over a laptop computer.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25...
22 min ago