Child, 3, dies in South Austin fire in 100-block of South Laramie
February 14, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A three-year-old child has died after being rescued from a fire on Chicago's West Side.
Firefighters were called just before 8 p.m. Friday night to the 100-block of South Laramie in the South Austin neighborhood.
Firefighters say they removed two boys and one adult from the burning building. A four-year-old and the adult are in critical condition.
"The fire's still under investigation but it appears the main body of fire was on the rear porches of both buildings," said Don Hroma, Chicago Fire Department.
A Chicago police officer was treated for what may be asthma-related issues.
Firefighters say a number of people have been displaced by the fire.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation