Near West Side man charged with murder after shooting teen, Devon McCauley, 22, accused of shooting Ronald Hayes while shoveling
February 15, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man has been charged with murder for the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old last week on the Near West Side.
Devon McCauley, 22, was charged with one count of first-degree murder for the shooting in the 1300 block of West Hastings St. Feb. 9, according to a release from police News Affairs.
The teen was shot in the head about 4:15 p.m., police said.
Ronald Hayes, 17, was shoveling snow when he was shot, his mother, Cathy Booker, told Homicide Watch Chicago.
Hayes, of the 1300 block of West Washburne Avenue, was dead at the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. He was shot in the head, police said.
McCauley, of the 1200 block of West 14th Street, is expected to appear in bond court Sunday, police said.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 3 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 13 min ago
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77