Near West Side man charged with murder after shooting teen, Devon McCauley, 22, accused of shooting Ronald Hayes while shoveling
February 15, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man has been charged with murder for the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old last week on the Near West Side.
Devon McCauley, 22, was charged with one count of first-degree murder for the shooting in the 1300 block of West Hastings St. Feb. 9, according to a release from police News Affairs.
The teen was shot in the head about 4:15 p.m., police said.
Ronald Hayes, 17, was shoveling snow when he was shot, his mother, Cathy Booker, told Homicide Watch Chicago.
Hayes, of the 1300 block of West Washburne Avenue, was dead at the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. He was shot in the head, police said.
McCauley, of the 1200 block of West 14th Street, is expected to appear in bond court Sunday, police said.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder 25 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas 39 min ago
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen 51 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen
47 min ago