Bail denied for Near West Side man charged with murder after shooting teen; Devon McCauley, 22, accused of shooting Ronald Hayes while shoveling
February 16, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bail has been denied for a man charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old last week on the Near West Side.
Devon McCauley, 22, of the 1200 block of West 14th Street, was charged with one count of first-degree murder for the shooting in the 1300 block of West Hastings St. Feb. 9, according to a release from police News Affairs.
The teen was shot in the head about 4:15 p.m., police said.
Ronald Hayes, 17, was shoveling snow when he was shot, his mother, Cathy Booker, told Homicide Watch Chicago.
Hayes, of the 1300 block of West Washburne Avenue, was dead at the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. He was shot in the head, police said.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...