2 Chicago police officers injured squad crash in East Garfield Park
February17, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two Chicago police officers were injured in a car crash when a driver ran a red light in East Garfield Park, officials said.
The officers were responding to a call just before midnight Monday when their squad car was struck by another car on North Kedzie, officials said. A driver reportedly ran a red light, struck the police car and tried to flee the scene.
A man was taken into custody. Police say he may have been drinking.
Both officers are in stable condition.
- Allan Kustok found guilty of wife's 2010 murder 3 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County 47 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 43 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam 54 min ago
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos