UIC braces for teacher strike; University of Illinois Chicago faculty plan 2-day walkout over pay
February 17, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In less than 24 hours, faculty at the University of Illinois Chicago could be on the picket lines, as teachers are planning a two-day walkout.
If they walk the university would be forced to cancel hundreds of classes.
The more than 1,100 union faculty members and school are at odds over a new contract.
Teacher pay is the sticking point.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 14 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 44 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Joe McGinniss dies at 71 after cancer battle 13 min ago
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 53 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
14 min ago