Victims of E2 nightclub tragedy remembered on 11th anniversary
February 17, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Monday marks the 11th anniversary of a deadly stampede at a Chicago nightclub, where nearly two dozen people were killed.
Back in February 2003, a fight at the E2 club caused a stampede.
Twenty one people were killed and 50 were hurt.
On Monday night, family members gathered in front of the club to remember the victims.
The club's owners were convicted of criminal contempt for violating an order requiring them to shut down the club's second floor.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 4 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 1 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side 47 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 38 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago 39 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 25 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
4 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
1 min ago