Cancellations, delays on Metra's BNSF after freight train derailment at Cicero
February 18, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Metra riders on the BNSF should expect delays after a freight train derailed near Cicero. Two trains have been canceled.
Two trains will not operate: No. 1216 and No. 1244. Train No. 1238 will make more stops to make up for No. 1244.
On the Metra website, customers were asked to "Please listen to platform announcements for the location of your train."
Officials say the cancellations are due to an overnight freight traind derailment at Cicero. Two of the three tracks are now available for Tuesday's morning rush hour, according to Metra. Customers should plan on 20 to 30 minute delays.
It isn't clear what led the freight train to derail around 10 p.m. Monday.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 45 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Newsviews: I-DOT Road Construction
57 min ago