Cancellations, delays on Metra's BNSF after freight train derailment at Cicero
February 18, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Metra riders on the BNSF should expect delays after a freight train derailed near Cicero. Two trains have been canceled.
Two trains will not operate: No. 1216 and No. 1244. Train No. 1238 will make more stops to make up for No. 1244.
On the Metra website, customers were asked to "Please listen to platform announcements for the location of your train."
Officials say the cancellations are due to an overnight freight traind derailment at Cicero. Two of the three tracks are now available for Tuesday's morning rush hour, according to Metra. Customers should plan on 20 to 30 minute delays.
It isn't clear what led the freight train to derail around 10 p.m. Monday.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 22 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day... 28 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD