Cancellations, delays on Metra's BNSF after freight train derailment at Cicero
February 18, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Metra riders on the BNSF should expect delays after a freight train derailed near Cicero. Two trains have been canceled.
Two trains will not operate: No. 1216 and No. 1244. Train No. 1238 will make more stops to make up for No. 1244.
On the Metra website, customers were asked to "Please listen to platform announcements for the location of your train."
Officials say the cancellations are due to an overnight freight traind derailment at Cicero. Two of the three tracks are now available for Tuesday's morning rush hour, according to Metra. Customers should plan on 20 to 30 minute delays.
It isn't clear what led the freight train to derail around 10 p.m. Monday.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 3 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 16 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 19 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
45 min ago