Donald Trump to brand Chicago's Trump International Hotel & Tower
Saturday, February 22, 2014
February 22, 2014 (CHICAGO) -- Donald Trump wants to make sure everyone knows the second-tallest skyscraper in Chicago is his.
Crain's Chicago Business reports the celebrity real estate developer will stamp his name in 20-foot letters on the side of the 92-story Trump International Hotel & Tower that faces the Chicago River. The sign permit approved by the city indicates the letters will be back-lit with white LED lighting. Workers will install the Trump name just below the 16th-floor terrace of the tower. Trump says it was decided recently to put the sign on the building on the realization "people love the building." Some are concerned the branding will be garish and detract from Chicago's architecturally significant buildings.
Preservation Chicago executive director Ward Miller says the sign "has the potential to be quite ugly."
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 5 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 43 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links