River North crash between van, taxi injures 4
February 28, 2014 (CHICAGO) -- Four people were injured when a van and taxicab collided in the River North neighborhood Thursday night.
Rescue crews responded to the two-vehicle crash about 11:05 p.m. in the 400 block of North Clark Street, said police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer.
A 1992 Chevrolet conversion van traveling southbound on Clark Street disobeyed a red light and struck a taxicab traveling east on West Illinois Street, Greer said.
The cab driver, whose age, gender and condition were not immediately known, was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Greer said.
Three occupants of the van were also hospitalized and listed in "stable" condition, Greer said. Two women, ages 22 and 24, were taken to Stroger Hospital and a 28-year-old man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
Immediately after the crash, the van struck an unoccupied, parked Ford Explorer, which then rear-ended the parked vehicle in front of it, sparking a chain reaction, Greer said. Five parked vehciles were damaged as a result of the crash.
The driver of the van fled the scene, Greer said. No citations have been issued in connection with the crash as police investigate.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2014.)
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 51 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL 48 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 54 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 38 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 24 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 15 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77