Records show missing mom had filed for divorce
December 16, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Court records show that a missing LaSalle County woman had filed for divorce from her late husband, but officials say her husband was never served the divorce papers.
Tanya Shannon, 40, disappeared December 5. Investigators think she and her husband were driving home from a holiday party when their car crashed. Dale Shannon died.
A downstate newspaper reported the Dale Shannon's blood-alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit.
Police found footprints in the snow leading away from the car, but they have not located Tanya Shannon.
According to court documents, she had accused her husband of mental cruelty. The Shannons have four daughters. A paternal aunt and uncle have filed a petition for guardianship.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS 10 min ago
- Employees, customers prepare for Dominick's final days 20 min ago
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night 59 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013 31 min ago
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos