Report: Kmart to close two Illinois stores
February 8, 2011 (WLS) -- Kmart is reportedly ready to close two stores in Illinois.
The Chicago Tribune says the retailer will shut stores in Franklin Park and Washington, which is near Peoria.
The closings will cost 144 people their jobs.
The paper says K-Mart is one of seven companies that have filed papers with the state warning of pending layoffs.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day 42 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey retired...
35 min ago