NIU offers tuition waiver for certain students
August 15, 2011 (WLS) -- Northern Illinois University is offering a tuition waiver for students who are passionate about volunteer work.
The Huskies Service Scholars Program requires low-income freshmen transfer students to perform 300 hours of community service for one academic year.
Once completed, they will get $1,132 taken off their tuition bill.
The program is also recruiting students to serve as mentors.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...