Durbin to meet with FEMA Wednesday
March 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Ill. Sen. Dick Durbin is saying that it is "unacceptable" for FEMA to deny disaster aid to five southern Illinois communities affected by severe storms and tornadoes.
The February 29th storms killed seven people in Harrisburg and destroyed hundreds of homes throughout the damaged areas.
FEMA said the damage wasn't costly enough to qualify the towns for federal assistance.
Sen. Durbin plans to meet with FEMA officials in Washington Wednesday.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 2 men arrested on drug charges
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace... 47 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 2015 Ford Mustang unveiling to celebrate 50 years
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos