UofI study: A few drinks make men smarter
April 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Can drinking make a man smarter?
A study from the University of Illinois shows that when given alcohol, men can solve almost 40 percent more problems than their sober counterparts.
Those who drank two pints of beer also answered questions more quickly.
Researchers say it's true when men have only had a few drinks -- not much more. The research is in the Journal of Consciousness and Cognition.
- CPS school closures begin
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials recover body from Lake Michigan near Oakwood 17 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday 11 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos