UofI study: A few drinks make men smarter
April 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Can drinking make a man smarter?
A study from the University of Illinois shows that when given alcohol, men can solve almost 40 percent more problems than their sober counterparts.
Those who drank two pints of beer also answered questions more quickly.
Researchers say it's true when men have only had a few drinks -- not much more. The research is in the Journal of Consciousness and Cognition.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 44 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 6 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 18 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'