UofI study: A few drinks make men smarter
April 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Can drinking make a man smarter?
A study from the University of Illinois shows that when given alcohol, men can solve almost 40 percent more problems than their sober counterparts.
Those who drank two pints of beer also answered questions more quickly.
Researchers say it's true when men have only had a few drinks -- not much more. The research is in the Journal of Consciousness and Cognition.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 26 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos