UofI study: A few drinks make men smarter
April 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Can drinking make a man smarter?
A study from the University of Illinois shows that when given alcohol, men can solve almost 40 percent more problems than their sober counterparts.
Those who drank two pints of beer also answered questions more quickly.
Researchers say it's true when men have only had a few drinks -- not much more. The research is in the Journal of Consciousness and Cognition.
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 10 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 28 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- Cooking With Fish
6 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
41 min ago