UofI study: A few drinks make men smarter
April 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Can drinking make a man smarter?
A study from the University of Illinois shows that when given alcohol, men can solve almost 40 percent more problems than their sober counterparts.
Those who drank two pints of beer also answered questions more quickly.
Researchers say it's true when men have only had a few drinks -- not much more. The research is in the Journal of Consciousness and Cognition.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home