Lottery throws party for winning group
April 12, 2012 (PIERRON, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Illinois Lottery threw a party for a group of 115 people who won $1 million jackpot in the St. Patrick's Day millionaire raffle.
They're called the Millersburg Pool and comprise of winners from 4 downstate communities.
They all paid $5 to buy into a pool that a community store was running.
The Illinois Office of Communication and Information provided this video.
Many of them gathered in Pierron Wednesday for a barbeque and bluegrass concert as they picked up their checks.
"When they had a town meeting about this people that didn't know each other," said Dawn Lloyd. "People were talking and laughing and we shared something. It brought us closer to the people that we don't even know."
The store that sold the winning ticket gets 10-thousand dollars.
The owner says she will use that money to expand and add new jobs.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers 6 min ago
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 41 min ago
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
6 min ago