Scholarship established for DePaul student
May 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A scholarship has been established for a DePaul University student who was murdered in 2009.
Francisco "Frankie" Valencia was an honor student at the university and a community activist.
Valencia was at a Halloween party in 2009 where a gang member who had been asked to leave returned with a gun and opened fire. Narcisco Gatica was sentenced to 90 years in prison.
The scholarship will be available to DePaul juniors and seniors.
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home 50 min ago
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Mega Millions jackpot up to $291 million 42 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Meningitis at other universities puts NU on alert
- Chicago Dearborn bike lane rated best in America
- Official shaves 40-year-old mustache for cancer awareness
- Cyber Safety Tips During the Holidays
- Chicago boasts nation's best doughnut in web ranking
- SW Side teen recants story about alley sex assault
- William Cellini to be released from prison
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- 7 in :77
- Officials try to ID body near missing...
50 min ago