Scholarship established for DePaul student
May 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A scholarship has been established for a DePaul University student who was murdered in 2009.
Francisco "Frankie" Valencia was an honor student at the university and a community activist.
Valencia was at a Halloween party in 2009 where a gang member who had been asked to leave returned with a gun and opened fire. Narcisco Gatica was sentenced to 90 years in prison.
The scholarship will be available to DePaul juniors and seniors.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 6 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season 31 min ago
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
6 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel...
31 min ago