Quinn welcomes Polish president to Illinois
May 21, 2012 (MARSEILLES, Ill.) (WLS) -- With the NATO summit under way, Governor Pat Quinn welcomed the president of Poland to Illinois Sunday.
President Bronislaw Komorowski visited the training center of the Illinois National Guard in Marseilles. The governor noted the long cooperation between the guard and Polish forces.
"It is so fitting and proper that we are gathered here today to honor all of those who volunteer to serve our democracy and to serve peace and freedom in Afghanistan, in Iraq and around the world," said Quinn.
The governor and Guard Major General William Enyart were presented with Poland's Commander's Cross of the Order of Merit.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 29 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 15 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows 32 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- 1985 Chicago Bears Book
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport