Quinn welcomes Polish president to Illinois
May 21, 2012 (MARSEILLES, Ill.) (WLS) -- With the NATO summit under way, Governor Pat Quinn welcomed the president of Poland to Illinois Sunday.
President Bronislaw Komorowski visited the training center of the Illinois National Guard in Marseilles. The governor noted the long cooperation between the guard and Polish forces.
"It is so fitting and proper that we are gathered here today to honor all of those who volunteer to serve our democracy and to serve peace and freedom in Afghanistan, in Iraq and around the world," said Quinn.
The governor and Guard Major General William Enyart were presented with Poland's Commander's Cross of the Order of Merit.
- Boy pulled from Crystal Lake pond after 90 minutes dies 26 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 17 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos