Quinn welcomes Polish president to Illinois
May 21, 2012 (MARSEILLES, Ill.) (WLS) -- With the NATO summit under way, Governor Pat Quinn welcomed the president of Poland to Illinois Sunday.
President Bronislaw Komorowski visited the training center of the Illinois National Guard in Marseilles. The governor noted the long cooperation between the guard and Polish forces.
"It is so fitting and proper that we are gathered here today to honor all of those who volunteer to serve our democracy and to serve peace and freedom in Afghanistan, in Iraq and around the world," said Quinn.
The governor and Guard Major General William Enyart were presented with Poland's Commander's Cross of the Order of Merit.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers 19 min ago
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals 33 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos