President Obama calls Mark Kirk, wishes him well
May 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Senator Mark Kirk got a phone call from President Barack Obama Thursday. The senator is recovering from a stroke he suffered back in January.
Doctors say Kirk is improving and is undergoing rehab.
Thursday morning the senator posted a comment on Twitter, saying, "Thanks to President Obama @whitehouse for calling this morning. Appreciate his well wishes."
A spokesperson for the senator will not release any additional information about the phone call.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 41 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 9 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 45 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
44 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
41 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
9 min ago