State Senator Suzi Schmidt charged in dispute with neighbor
June 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- State Senator Suzi Schmidt is in trouble again. This time she's been arrested after a dispute with a neighbor.
The 60-year-old Republican from Lake Villa was taken into custody Tuesday afternoon. She was charged with two misdemeanors -- trespassing and criminal damage to property.
In the incident, she allegedly damaged her neighbor's animal feed bag.
Late last year, Schmidt said she wouldn't seek re-election after it became public that she had physical battles with her husband at their home. She also apparently tried to use her political clout when she told police to ignore her husband if he asked for help.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos