State Senator Suzi Schmidt charged in dispute with neighbor
June 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- State Senator Suzi Schmidt is in trouble again. This time she's been arrested after a dispute with a neighbor.
The 60-year-old Republican from Lake Villa was taken into custody Tuesday afternoon. She was charged with two misdemeanors -- trespassing and criminal damage to property.
In the incident, she allegedly damaged her neighbor's animal feed bag.
Late last year, Schmidt said she wouldn't seek re-election after it became public that she had physical battles with her husband at their home. She also apparently tried to use her political clout when she told police to ignore her husband if he asked for help.
- CPS school closures begin 3 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park 44 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials respond to reports of body in Lake Michigan 16 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- CPS school closures begin
3 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos