Marshals show horse trophies of former Dixon comptroller
August 3, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- U.S. marshals hope showing off former Dixon, Ill. comptroller Rita Crundwell's trophies will help them get a better price for the horses she once owned.
Authorities are auctioning the trophies off to help recoup some of the money Crundwell is accused of stealing.
Prosecutors say she took more than $53 million from the city of Dixon during the past two decades to support a lavish lifestyle.
She has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year