Gov. Quinn calls for Megabus investigation
August 9, 2012 (WLS) -- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn calls for a federal investigation of Megabus after two fatal crashes in Illinois just days apart.
The most recent happened Tuesday in the West Loop when bus struck and killed 76-year old Donna Halstead as she attempted to cross the street.
Last week, one person was killed when a Megabus crashed near downstate Litchfield.
Megabus president Dale Moser said the company is deeply saddened by the deaths but says they're unrelated.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 2 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
20 min ago