Gov. Quinn calls for Megabus investigation
August 9, 2012 (WLS) -- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn calls for a federal investigation of Megabus after two fatal crashes in Illinois just days apart.
The most recent happened Tuesday in the West Loop when bus struck and killed 76-year old Donna Halstead as she attempted to cross the street.
Last week, one person was killed when a Megabus crashed near downstate Litchfield.
Megabus president Dale Moser said the company is deeply saddened by the deaths but says they're unrelated.
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student 2 min ago
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston school takes action after reports of 'sexting'
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets 19 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos