Gov. Quinn calls for Megabus investigation
August 9, 2012 (WLS) -- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn calls for a federal investigation of Megabus after two fatal crashes in Illinois just days apart.
The most recent happened Tuesday in the West Loop when bus struck and killed 76-year old Donna Halstead as she attempted to cross the street.
Last week, one person was killed when a Megabus crashed near downstate Litchfield.
Megabus president Dale Moser said the company is deeply saddened by the deaths but says they're unrelated.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Lawyer: No more appeals for Crundwell 13 min ago
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 11 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout