Gov. Quinn calls for Megabus investigation
August 9, 2012 (WLS) -- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn calls for a federal investigation of Megabus after two fatal crashes in Illinois just days apart.
The most recent happened Tuesday in the West Loop when bus struck and killed 76-year old Donna Halstead as she attempted to cross the street.
Last week, one person was killed when a Megabus crashed near downstate Litchfield.
Megabus president Dale Moser said the company is deeply saddened by the deaths but says they're unrelated.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building 53 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee 58 min ago
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up...
58 min ago