Cops: Teen girl held captive 3 years in downstate Ill. had child
August 24, 2012 (WASHINGTON PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A teenage girl missing from downstate Illinois for two years has been found.
Authorities believe her story, that she had been kidnapped and held as a sex slave for all that time, and forced to have a child with her captor.
The girl, now 19, had been reported missing more than two years ago.
During a raid Thursday on a house in Washington Park, Illinois , a baby was also found.
The suspect is identified by neighbors as a 25-year-old Washington Park man. He was arrested along with his mother.
Neighbors were stunned by the accusations.
"They seemed pleasant, very nice family," said neighbor Connie Hunt. "They were normal ... We didn't know anything that was going on."
According to police, the victim managed to escape and walked into a police station.
Charges are pending.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore down to 24 14 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision
- CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run 43 min ago
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore down...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos