Winters sworn in to replace expelled Smith
September 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Residents of the 10th Illinois House District have a new representative in Springfield as Eddie Winters was sworn in Sunday to fill the post.
Winters is a Chicago Police officer who was appointed to fill the vacancy left by the former representative Derrick Smith.
The legislature expelled Smith last month.
Smith was accused of accepting a bribe to help a fictitious day care operator get a state grant.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 51 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 57 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 57 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
51 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
57 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
57 min ago