Forbes Top 100 colleges list: U of C, Northwestern make the cut
September 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four Illinois colleges made the list of for Forbes America's Top Colleges: University of Chicago, Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Wheaton College.
The schools ranked fourth, 22nd, 86th and 99th, respectively, of the top 100 on Forbes' list. Their prices range from $39,996 a year at Wheaton College to $59,950 at University of Chicago.
- University of Chicago in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood came in fourth in the list. The school is the smallest and most expensive of the Illinois schools to make the cut. U of C costs $59,950 a year and has 14,000 students.
- Northwestern University in north suburban Evanston follows U of C in price and ranking. At 22, the school costs $58,829 and has 21,000 students.
- University of Illinois at Urbana -Champaign in downstate Illinois is much bigger, with 44,000 students. It ranks 86 and costs $41,770.
- And Wheaton College costs the least and is the smallest at $39,966 a year and 3,000 students.
To see how other Illinois schools ranked, visit forbes.com
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD