Forbes Top 100 colleges list: U of C, Northwestern make the cut
September 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four Illinois colleges made the list of for Forbes America's Top Colleges: University of Chicago, Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Wheaton College.
The schools ranked fourth, 22nd, 86th and 99th, respectively, of the top 100 on Forbes' list. Their prices range from $39,996 a year at Wheaton College to $59,950 at University of Chicago.
- University of Chicago in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood came in fourth in the list. The school is the smallest and most expensive of the Illinois schools to make the cut. U of C costs $59,950 a year and has 14,000 students.
- Northwestern University in north suburban Evanston follows U of C in price and ranking. At 22, the school costs $58,829 and has 21,000 students.
- University of Illinois at Urbana -Champaign in downstate Illinois is much bigger, with 44,000 students. It ranks 86 and costs $41,770.
- And Wheaton College costs the least and is the smallest at $39,966 a year and 3,000 students.
To see how other Illinois schools ranked, visit forbes.com
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 42 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season 23 min ago
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
51 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel...
23 min ago