Forbes Top 100 colleges list: U of C, Northwestern make the cut
September 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four Illinois colleges made the list of for Forbes America's Top Colleges: University of Chicago, Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Wheaton College.
The schools ranked fourth, 22nd, 86th and 99th, respectively, of the top 100 on Forbes' list. Their prices range from $39,996 a year at Wheaton College to $59,950 at University of Chicago.
- University of Chicago in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood came in fourth in the list. The school is the smallest and most expensive of the Illinois schools to make the cut. U of C costs $59,950 a year and has 14,000 students.
- Northwestern University in north suburban Evanston follows U of C in price and ranking. At 22, the school costs $58,829 and has 21,000 students.
- University of Illinois at Urbana -Champaign in downstate Illinois is much bigger, with 44,000 students. It ranks 86 and costs $41,770.
- And Wheaton College costs the least and is the smallest at $39,966 a year and 3,000 students.
To see how other Illinois schools ranked, visit forbes.com
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party