Forbes Top 100 colleges list: U of C, Northwestern make the cut
September 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four Illinois colleges made the list of for Forbes America's Top Colleges: University of Chicago, Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Wheaton College.
The schools ranked fourth, 22nd, 86th and 99th, respectively, of the top 100 on Forbes' list. Their prices range from $39,996 a year at Wheaton College to $59,950 at University of Chicago.
- University of Chicago in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood came in fourth in the list. The school is the smallest and most expensive of the Illinois schools to make the cut. U of C costs $59,950 a year and has 14,000 students.
- Northwestern University in north suburban Evanston follows U of C in price and ranking. At 22, the school costs $58,829 and has 21,000 students.
- University of Illinois at Urbana -Champaign in downstate Illinois is much bigger, with 44,000 students. It ranks 86 and costs $41,770.
- And Wheaton College costs the least and is the smallest at $39,966 a year and 3,000 students.
To see how other Illinois schools ranked, visit forbes.com
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence 18 min ago
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control 3 min ago
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos