Forbes Top 100 colleges list: U of C, Northwestern make the cut
September 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four Illinois colleges made the list of for Forbes America's Top Colleges: University of Chicago, Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Wheaton College.
The schools ranked fourth, 22nd, 86th and 99th, respectively, of the top 100 on Forbes' list. Their prices range from $39,996 a year at Wheaton College to $59,950 at University of Chicago.
- University of Chicago in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood came in fourth in the list. The school is the smallest and most expensive of the Illinois schools to make the cut. U of C costs $59,950 a year and has 14,000 students.
- Northwestern University in north suburban Evanston follows U of C in price and ranking. At 22, the school costs $58,829 and has 21,000 students.
- University of Illinois at Urbana -Champaign in downstate Illinois is much bigger, with 44,000 students. It ranks 86 and costs $41,770.
- And Wheaton College costs the least and is the smallest at $39,966 a year and 3,000 students.
To see how other Illinois schools ranked, visit forbes.com
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robbery suspect sought by FBI
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked 56 min ago
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Making Your Own Candy Canes
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area