College Illinois program now open again to parents
October 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Beginning Monday, Illinois parents can once again buy into the state's prepaid college tuition program.
Sales of new contracts were put on hold last year due to financial problems.
The College Illinois program, as it is called, has an estimated 30 percent shortfall, and the state is not obligated to cover the difference if the program runs out of money.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 22 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs 3 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 21 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 19 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 6 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- 7 in :77
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare...
22 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos