College Illinois program now open again to parents
October 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Beginning Monday, Illinois parents can once again buy into the state's prepaid college tuition program.
Sales of new contracts were put on hold last year due to financial problems.
The College Illinois program, as it is called, has an estimated 30 percent shortfall, and the state is not obligated to cover the difference if the program runs out of money.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits