Robert Reese, WCIA Champaign meteorologist, dies at Chicago hospital
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The chief meteorologist for a TV station in central Illinois has died at a Chicago hospital.
Reese began his career at WCIA in 1998 and served as the CBS affiliate's chief meteorologist for nearly four years, the website said.
Reese leaves behind a wife and four children, according to his WCIA biography.
Reese grew up in Arcola, Illinois, and attended Eastern Illinois University, graduating from the broadcast meteorology program at Mississippi State University.
"Robert began his broadcasting career as an on-air personality at various radio stations in Central Illinois. Eventually, he stepped in front of a television camera as a meteorologist and news anchor for WAND-TV in Decatur, Illinois," the biography says.
Reese appeared on the morning and noon newscasts for WCIA.
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 13 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore 11 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos