Robert Reese, WCIA Champaign meteorologist, dies at Chicago hospital
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The chief meteorologist for a TV station in central Illinois has died at a Chicago hospital.
Reese began his career at WCIA in 1998 and served as the CBS affiliate's chief meteorologist for nearly four years, the website said.
Reese leaves behind a wife and four children, according to his WCIA biography.
Reese grew up in Arcola, Illinois, and attended Eastern Illinois University, graduating from the broadcast meteorology program at Mississippi State University.
"Robert began his broadcasting career as an on-air personality at various radio stations in Central Illinois. Eventually, he stepped in front of a television camera as a meteorologist and news anchor for WAND-TV in Decatur, Illinois," the biography says.
Reese appeared on the morning and noon newscasts for WCIA.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos