Robert Reese, WCIA Champaign meteorologist, dies at Chicago hospital
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The chief meteorologist for a TV station in central Illinois has died at a Chicago hospital.
Reese began his career at WCIA in 1998 and served as the CBS affiliate's chief meteorologist for nearly four years, the website said.
Reese leaves behind a wife and four children, according to his WCIA biography.
Reese grew up in Arcola, Illinois, and attended Eastern Illinois University, graduating from the broadcast meteorology program at Mississippi State University.
"Robert began his broadcasting career as an on-air personality at various radio stations in Central Illinois. Eventually, he stepped in front of a television camera as a meteorologist and news anchor for WAND-TV in Decatur, Illinois," the biography says.
Reese appeared on the morning and noon newscasts for WCIA.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 3 min ago
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
3 min ago