Illinois West Nile cases on the rise
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The number of human West Nile cases in Illinois has increased.
State health officials say nine people have died from the illness carried by mosquitoes in Illinois this year. So far there have been 211 cases of human West Nile statewide.
Health officials said mosquitoes carrying the virus could be present until the first hard frost.
- Police chase involves Harvey murder suspect 10 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...