Personal information stolen from family services department
November 2, 2012 (WLS) -- The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services issued a warning that more than 500 of its clients may have had sensitive personal information taken by thieves.
A briefcase full of information, including social security and Medicaid recipient numbers, was taken in a burglary at a field worker's home back in August.
The department is working to notify all the affected individuals.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport