Quinn declares Nov. 14 "Diabetes Awareness Day"
November 14, 2012 (LISLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn signed a new law Wednesday to raise awareness of diabetes.
Quinn declared every November 14 Diabetes Awareness Day in Illinois. November is American Diabetes Month.
Free diabetes screenings were provided across the state Wednesday.
More than 800,000 Illinois residents are living with diabetes.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 55 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 16 min ago
- City: Kup statue not stolen, out for repairs 59 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 3 min ago
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Western closed St. Paul to Mofftt over weekend 19 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 47 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake 17 min ago