Quinn declares Nov. 14 "Diabetes Awareness Day"
November 14, 2012 (LISLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn signed a new law Wednesday to raise awareness of diabetes.
Quinn declared every November 14 Diabetes Awareness Day in Illinois. November is American Diabetes Month.
Free diabetes screenings were provided across the state Wednesday.
More than 800,000 Illinois residents are living with diabetes.
- Thieves break into Trump, parachute off building 12 min ago
- Boy, 13, seriously injured in Aurora hit-and-run 30 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series 31 min ago
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago