Ill. license plate fee could go up $2
November 28, 2012 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- It looks like Illinois drivers will soon pay an extra $2 to register their cars.
The Illinois Senate voted to increase the license plate fee. It had already been approved by the House.
The money will go toward maintenance and repairs at Illinois state parks.
The measure now goes to Governor Pat Quinn for his signature. He has indicated he supports the plan.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 58 min ago
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 26 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- St. Patrick's Day Family Party
7 min ago