Ill. license plate fee could go up $2
November 28, 2012 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- It looks like Illinois drivers will soon pay an extra $2 to register their cars.
The Illinois Senate voted to increase the license plate fee. It had already been approved by the House.
The money will go toward maintenance and repairs at Illinois state parks.
The measure now goes to Governor Pat Quinn for his signature. He has indicated he supports the plan.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North 7 min ago
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 55 min ago