Store manager, meat inspector split $1M lottery ticket
December 6, 2012 (WLS) -- Two long-time business acquaintances from downstate Flanagan will share a $1 million Powerball prize.
The manager of Bart's Supermarket, Rocky Patel, convinced local meat inspector Howard "Bob" Baker t split the cost of a $2 ticket. They bought it at the store.
Their ticket matched 5 out of 6 numbers in the jackpot $550 million November 28 lottery, so they win a million dollar prize. Both men plan to invest some of their winnings in college funds for their children.
Bart's Supermarket will collect a $10,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 53 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds