Illinois Tollway hiring season toll collectors
December 10, 2012 (RELEASE) -- The Illinois Tollway is currently seeking qualified candidates for approximately 50 seasonal toll collector positions, which pay $10 per hour and typically run from May 15, 2013 to October 31, 2013, according to a news release.
Candidates must apply by December 19, 2012.
The season toll collector position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Must be able to pass written exam with a 75 percent or higher score in order to qualify for an interview.
- Must be able to work from approximately May 15, 2013 through October 31, 2013.
- One year of customer service, cash handling, retail or bank experience is desired.
- The ability to work seven days per week, 24 hours a day, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- The ability to lift 25 pounds is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
How to apply:
- Online: Complete the Illinois Tollway application, save it to the computer and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Submit the completed application or pick up and complete the application at Illinois Tollway Headquarters located at 2700 Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Send the completed application to: Illinois Tollway -- Human Resources 2700 Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515
"Seasonal toll collector is one of our most popular positions and our goal is to get job applicants that represent the diverse communities the Tollway serves," said Illinois Tollway Executive Director Kristi Lafleur. "We are continually expanding our efforts to reach out to various and diverse communities in order to make sure everyone has equal access to employment opportunities at the Tollway."
About the Illinois Tollway
The Illinois Tollway is a user-fee system that receives no state or federal funds for maintenance and operations. The agency maintains and operates 286 miles of interstate tollways in 12 counties in Northern Illinois, including the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88), the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355), the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) and the Tri-State Tollway (I-94/I-294/I-80).
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 2 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 1 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California 28 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 30 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All