Illinois Tollway hiring season toll collectors
December 10, 2012 (RELEASE) -- The Illinois Tollway is currently seeking qualified candidates for approximately 50 seasonal toll collector positions, which pay $10 per hour and typically run from May 15, 2013 to October 31, 2013, according to a news release.
Candidates must apply by December 19, 2012.
The season toll collector position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Must be able to pass written exam with a 75 percent or higher score in order to qualify for an interview.
- Must be able to work from approximately May 15, 2013 through October 31, 2013.
- One year of customer service, cash handling, retail or bank experience is desired.
- The ability to work seven days per week, 24 hours a day, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- The ability to lift 25 pounds is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
How to apply:
- Online: Complete the Illinois Tollway application, save it to the computer and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Submit the completed application or pick up and complete the application at Illinois Tollway Headquarters located at 2700 Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Send the completed application to: Illinois Tollway -- Human Resources 2700 Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515
"Seasonal toll collector is one of our most popular positions and our goal is to get job applicants that represent the diverse communities the Tollway serves," said Illinois Tollway Executive Director Kristi Lafleur. "We are continually expanding our efforts to reach out to various and diverse communities in order to make sure everyone has equal access to employment opportunities at the Tollway."
About the Illinois Tollway
The Illinois Tollway is a user-fee system that receives no state or federal funds for maintenance and operations. The agency maintains and operates 286 miles of interstate tollways in 12 counties in Northern Illinois, including the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88), the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355), the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) and the Tri-State Tollway (I-94/I-294/I-80).
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night 34 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery 28 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home