Toi Hutchinson speaks out against Donne Trotter
December 10, 2012 (WLS) -- State Senator and congressional candidate Toi Hutchinson spoke out against contender Donne Trotter on Monday.
Hutchinson said Trotter, who was arrested at O'Hare after security discovered a gun in his carry-on bag, is an unwanted distraction for voters in the 2nd Congressional District.
Trotter and Hutchinson are among nearly a dozen candidates vying for the seat left open when Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned.
"We've had three congressmen in a row leave with issues, with scandals and legal issues and I think people are ready to turn the page," said Hutchinson.
Meanwhile, Chicago police said Trotter will not be charged with owning an unregistered handgun in the city. Trotter told investigators he kept the pistol in Springfield.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos