Toi Hutchinson speaks out against Donne Trotter
December 10, 2012 (WLS) -- State Senator and congressional candidate Toi Hutchinson spoke out against contender Donne Trotter on Monday.
Hutchinson said Trotter, who was arrested at O'Hare after security discovered a gun in his carry-on bag, is an unwanted distraction for voters in the 2nd Congressional District.
Trotter and Hutchinson are among nearly a dozen candidates vying for the seat left open when Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned.
"We've had three congressmen in a row leave with issues, with scandals and legal issues and I think people are ready to turn the page," said Hutchinson.
Meanwhile, Chicago police said Trotter will not be charged with owning an unregistered handgun in the city. Trotter told investigators he kept the pistol in Springfield.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 11 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 20 min ago
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics 30 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos