Toi Hutchinson speaks out against Donne Trotter
December 10, 2012 (WLS) -- State Senator and congressional candidate Toi Hutchinson spoke out against contender Donne Trotter on Monday.
Hutchinson said Trotter, who was arrested at O'Hare after security discovered a gun in his carry-on bag, is an unwanted distraction for voters in the 2nd Congressional District.
Trotter and Hutchinson are among nearly a dozen candidates vying for the seat left open when Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned.
"We've had three congressmen in a row leave with issues, with scandals and legal issues and I think people are ready to turn the page," said Hutchinson.
Meanwhile, Chicago police said Trotter will not be charged with owning an unregistered handgun in the city. Trotter told investigators he kept the pistol in Springfield.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year