Ald. Sandi Jackson: I'm not a candidate at this time
December 10, 2012 (WLS) -- In an exchange of text messages on Monday with ABC7's Cheryl Burton, Chicago Alderman Sandi Jackson said that she is not a candidate at this time to replace her husband in Illinois' 2nd Congressional District.
The Alderman said her family comes first, and that is her focus.
There are more than half a dozen contenders for the open seat vacated by Jackson Jr.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 36 min ago
- 3-year old killed in North Side fire 43 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 1 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed 11 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash 59 min ago
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 35 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 21 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
1 min ago