Ald. Sandi Jackson: I'm not a candidate at this time
December 10, 2012 (WLS) -- In an exchange of text messages on Monday with ABC7's Cheryl Burton, Chicago Alderman Sandi Jackson said that she is not a candidate at this time to replace her husband in Illinois' 2nd Congressional District.
The Alderman said her family comes first, and that is her focus.
There are more than half a dozen contenders for the open seat vacated by Jackson Jr.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap