Ald. Sandi Jackson: I'm not a candidate at this time
December 10, 2012 (WLS) -- In an exchange of text messages on Monday with ABC7's Cheryl Burton, Chicago Alderman Sandi Jackson said that she is not a candidate at this time to replace her husband in Illinois' 2nd Congressional District.
The Alderman said her family comes first, and that is her focus.
There are more than half a dozen contenders for the open seat vacated by Jackson Jr.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos