New Illinois National Guard chief announced
December 21, 2012 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn has named Daniel Krumrei the new adjutant general of the Illinois National Guard.
Krumrei will also serve as director of the Department of Military Affairs.
He is a 35-year veteran of the guard and a former colonel.
He replaces Bill Enyart, who left the guard and is now the congressman in the 12th District in southern Illinois.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 9 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 30 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 28 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 13 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 43 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
9 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos