New Illinois National Guard chief announced
December 21, 2012 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn has named Daniel Krumrei the new adjutant general of the Illinois National Guard.
Krumrei will also serve as director of the Department of Military Affairs.
He is a 35-year veteran of the guard and a former colonel.
He replaces Bill Enyart, who left the guard and is now the congressman in the 12th District in southern Illinois.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day 29 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey retired...
22 min ago