New Illinois National Guard chief announced
December 21, 2012 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn has named Daniel Krumrei the new adjutant general of the Illinois National Guard.
Krumrei will also serve as director of the Department of Military Affairs.
He is a 35-year veteran of the guard and a former colonel.
He replaces Bill Enyart, who left the guard and is now the congressman in the 12th District in southern Illinois.
- South Korea ferry sinks; 292 missing, at least 3 dead 20 min ago
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later 37 min ago
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 56 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand