130 inmates fall ill at Stateville prison in Joliet
December 27, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Illinois health officials are trying to figure out the source of a flu-like illness that has made about 130 inmates ill at Stateville prison in Joliet.
Corrections officers quarantined two minimum security units this week to keep the illness from spreading.
Official suspects it's a norovirus, which causes flu-like symptoms, is highly contagious and can spread easily from person to person.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 14 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 30 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 8 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 15 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos