NIU Death: 4 Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity members in court over alleged hazing
January 4, 2013 (SYCAMORE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Four fraternity brothers charged in the hazing death of a freshman at NIU were scheduled to make their first court appearances Friday.
The four are charged with felony counts following the death late last year of freshman David Bogenberger.
Police say Bogenberger had an alcohol level about five times the legal limit after a party in which pledges were ordered to go from room to room chugging alcohol.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos