NIU Death: 4 Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity members in court over alleged hazing
January 4, 2013 (SYCAMORE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Four fraternity brothers charged in the hazing death of a freshman at NIU were scheduled to make their first court appearances Friday.
The four are charged with felony counts following the death late last year of freshman David Bogenberger.
Police say Bogenberger had an alcohol level about five times the legal limit after a party in which pledges were ordered to go from room to room chugging alcohol.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting 4 min ago
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home