NIU Death: 4 Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity members in court over alleged hazing
January 4, 2013 (SYCAMORE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Four fraternity brothers charged in the hazing death of a freshman at NIU were scheduled to make their first court appearances Friday.
The four are charged with felony counts following the death late last year of freshman David Bogenberger.
Police say Bogenberger had an alcohol level about five times the legal limit after a party in which pledges were ordered to go from room to room chugging alcohol.
- Report: 4 schools could be saved in CPS vote 28 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Gas Rewards 1 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
25 min ago
- Swim Safety Tips
18 min ago
- Dancing With the Stars Finale Highlights
12 min ago