NIU Death: 4 Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity members in court over alleged hazing
January 4, 2013 (SYCAMORE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Four fraternity brothers charged in the hazing death of a freshman at NIU were scheduled to make their first court appearances Friday.
The four are charged with felony counts following the death late last year of freshman David Bogenberger.
Police say Bogenberger had an alcohol level about five times the legal limit after a party in which pledges were ordered to go from room to room chugging alcohol.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 26 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 14 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
24 min ago