NIU Death: 4 Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity members in court over alleged hazing
January 4, 2013 (SYCAMORE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Four fraternity brothers charged in the hazing death of a freshman at NIU were scheduled to make their first court appearances Friday.
The four are charged with felony counts following the death late last year of freshman David Bogenberger.
Police say Bogenberger had an alcohol level about five times the legal limit after a party in which pledges were ordered to go from room to room chugging alcohol.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos