Handcuffed priest calls 911, says he put them on himself
January 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Catholic priest from downstate Springfield, Ill., is on leave after police found him handcuffed inside the church rectory
Father Thomas Donovan reportedly called 911 after he couldn't get out of the handcuffs. He told officers he put himself in the handcuffs. Police unlocked the cuffs and conducted an investigation, but they say no crime took place.
The diocese of Springfield says it is not conducting an investigation of its own.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 18 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 56 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 36 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
13 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults...
55 min ago