Mark Kirk thanks constituents for support
January 8, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Illinois Senator Mark Kirk is thanking his constituents for their support in a new message posted on his website.
Last Thursday he climbed the capitol stairs in Washington DC and reclaimed his seat on the first day of the 113th Congress.
This came nearly one year after he suffered a stroke.
In a new message on his website, Kirk writes:
"With countless hours of rehabilitation sessions and physical therapy, I am proud to say I am walking again, back in Washington fighting for you. Thank you so very much for your support and patience."
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 5 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Photos: SXSW accident in downtown Austin
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit 24 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Public transit is good for your health, study finds
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
5 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
33 min ago