Mark Kirk thanks constituents for support
January 8, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Illinois Senator Mark Kirk is thanking his constituents for their support in a new message posted on his website.
Last Thursday he climbed the capitol stairs in Washington DC and reclaimed his seat on the first day of the 113th Congress.
This came nearly one year after he suffered a stroke.
In a new message on his website, Kirk writes:
"With countless hours of rehabilitation sessions and physical therapy, I am proud to say I am walking again, back in Washington fighting for you. Thank you so very much for your support and patience."
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr. 32 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978 54 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- ABC 7 to Go April 23, 2014
37 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos