Rod Blagojevich impeached four years ago Wednesday
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wednesday marks the fourth anniversary of the day former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was impeached.
The Illinois House of Representatives voted 114 to 1 January 9, 2009 to impeach the Blagojevich. His sister-in-law, Rep. Deb Mell, was the lone dissenting vote.
Blagojevich was the first governor impeached in Illinois history.
He was later removed from office following a state Senate trial and a unanimous vote.
Blagojevich is currently serving a 14-year sentence for political corruption in a Colorado prison.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 41 min ago
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers 34 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 19 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
19 min ago
- Can fortified homes be built to withstand...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos