Body of missing Waukegan police officer found in Antioch, Illinois
January 10, 2013 (ANTIOCH, Ill.) (WLS) -- The body of missing Waukegan police officer Peter Michaels has been found, authorities said.
The Lake County Coroner's Office confirmed that the body found in unincorporated Antioch Thursday is Michaels.
The cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head, according to a press release from the coroner's office.
Michaels, 42, had been missing since Tuesday.
Authorities said the search began in the area of West North Avenue and North Trevor Road and continued through a heavily wooded area on Thursday.
The body was found in a seating area in the woods.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos