State website offering extended tax break guide
January 25, 2013 (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn is urging Illinois families to take advantage of an extended tax break with a new website.
State officials doubled the earned-income tax credit last year.
A new page on the Illinois State website now offers taxpayers a step-by-step guide on how to claim the credit.
Quinn says that he hopes that the site will allow more eligible families to apply.
"There are various estimates," he said. "Between 10 and 20 percent of those eligible don't apply. That's a real tragedy in my book."
Officials say that the tax credit could save working families more than $100 million per year.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD