State website offering extended tax break guide
January 25, 2013 (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn is urging Illinois families to take advantage of an extended tax break with a new website.
State officials doubled the earned-income tax credit last year.
A new page on the Illinois State website now offers taxpayers a step-by-step guide on how to claim the credit.
Quinn says that he hopes that the site will allow more eligible families to apply.
"There are various estimates," he said. "Between 10 and 20 percent of those eligible don't apply. That's a real tragedy in my book."
Officials say that the tax credit could save working families more than $100 million per year.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 18 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 To Go 12-19-13
23 min ago