Ill. lawmakers hold town hall on conceal carry
February 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- People may soon be allowed to carry concealed weapons in Illinois, and on Saturday, lawmakers heard what constituents think about the issue.
Congressman Danny Davis, State Senator Mattie Hunter, Representative Ken Dunkin and Alderman Pat Dowell held a town hall meeting on the South Side.
Illinois is the only state that bans concealed weapons, but a federal appeals court recently threw out the ban and gave lawmakers six months to craft a bill to let people legally carry guns.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has asked the full appeals court to review the decision.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 34 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club 31 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot