Super Bowl has troopers on lookout for drunk drivers
February 2, 2013 (WLS) -- Illinois state troopers will be on the lookout for drunk drivers this Super Bowl weekend.
Nationally, the Super Bowl ranks as the second-most dangerous time of the year for drunk driving fatalities, just behind New Year's Day.
Illinois State Police say last year they issued more than 1,000 tickets during Super Bowl weekend.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos