IDES employees to join unemployed ranks
February 3, 2013 (WLS) -- Nearly 200 of the men and women who helped Illinois' unemployed will soon be out of work themselves.
The Illinois Department of Employment Security expects to distribute layoff packages to them on Monday.
The state announced the layoffs last month, saying they're necessary because of cuts in federal funding.
AFSCME, which is the union that represents the works, claims the state agency has too many top managers.
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 50 min ago
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 9 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area 2 min ago
- UL Holiday Safety Tips
5 min ago